Senior Engineer, Assembly & Package Development
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Package Engineer who is ready to forge ahead deploying a variety of packaging technologies to address exciting products in various end markets. You will be involved in the decision-making process in selecting the appropriate package types upfront and be able to provide your input as the die layout is being defined. You will manage the package design and development of your own projects with subcontractors, build prototypes, and coordinate the qualification. You will also be responsible for planning the ramp-up to production, and for all sustaining activities for high volume production.
- Customer interface through the Sales group to aid in defining the optimum package for their specific application.
- Working very closely with IP and Device Layout teams to provide package guidelines during die design.
- Package development including package design, analysis and reviews for a wide spectrum of packages: Flip-chip, BGA, CSP, 2.5D, MCM and leadframe products.
- Coordinating Assembly activities from prototype builds through production to end-of-life, with emphasis on quality, yields, cycle time & cost reduction.
- Collaborating with assembly subcontractors regarding process control & improvements, failure analysis, qualification, and documentation.
- Developing systems & infrastructure to guarantee first pass success for design.
- 4+ years of proven experience; Broad experience in both package design & assembly manufacturing support needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Knowledge of high-speed design requirements and design quality assessment.
- Comfortable with Cadence Package design Tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.