Global Export & Import Compliance Consultant - Part-time Contract
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
OpenFive - a SiFive entity, is looking for a Global Export & Import Compliance Consultant to join our exciting and dynamic team to develop and audit procedures that will align with worldwide export and import laws for the company’s IC technology and products.
This role will start as a part-time contractor working two to three days per week.
- Help with compliance activities on investigating and classifying software, hardware, or 3rd party products, including assist the submission of export license applications and classification requests.
- Review foreign national candidates and businesses against restricted parties’ lists.
- Responsible for maintaining records in compliance with archival and retention requirements.
- Develop trade compliance policies to current regulations and train employee on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Assist in trade compliance activities related to export control, annual reconciliation of duties and fees, and Company's wide duty drawback program.
- Develop and maintain trade compliance procedures such as entity screening, export control and annual reconciliation of duties and fees.
- Minimum 5 years of compliance or audit consulting experience and/or experience in leading compliance and assessments to ensure compliance company wide.
- Knowledgeable of global trade regulations, export administration regulations, anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and customs regulations.
- Knowledge of freight forwarder needs and requirements with APAC vendor and customers.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Solid communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiences, J.D., or MBA.
- U.S. Export Compliance Officer® (CUSECO) certification is highly preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English and Chinese/Mandarin is a plus.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.