Senior Engineer I - IP Application
About the Compnay
Open-Silicon transforms ideas into system-optimized ASIC solutions within the time-to-market parameters desired by customers. The company enhances the value of customers’ products by innovating at every stage of design – architecture, logic, physical, system, software, IP – and then continues to partner to deliver fully tested silicon and platforms. Open-Silicon applies an open business model that enables the company to uniquely choose best-in-industry IP, design methodologies, tools, software, packaging, manufacturing and test capabilities. The company has partnered with over 150 companies ranging from large semiconductor and systems manufacturers to high-profile start-ups, and has successfully completed 300+ designs and shipped over 125 million ASICs to date. Privately held, Open-Silicon employs over 250 people in Silicon Valley and around the world.
- Experience in Semiconductor IP/Library Design or Application Engineering for cell libraries, embedded memories (SRAMs, TCAMs), IOs, DDRx/PCIe/USB/MIPI PHYs/High Speed Serdes, Analog blocks, ARM Cores, System Interconnects/Peripherals etc.
- Experience on the circuit/layout design of IPs with excellent communication skills is preferred.
- Work very closely with 3rd Party IP Vendors & customers across the world in defining, qualifying and integrating the IPs for different applications
- Work with Program Manager and Delivery Managers to manage the IPs through the lifecycle of the project
- Provide product and technical support to internal/external Engineering teams on the integration and usage of IPs
- Generate IP application notes and checklists for different IPs being used in a design
- Manage various IP deliverables to design team and customers for the projects
- Contribute to the improvement of IP QA flow by adding more checks/checklists to the process
- Participate in weekly meeting with customers and manage the IP programs for the assigned projects
- Support pre-sales team on technical inputs for IP Solutions
- Generate and review circuit design specs and participate in the circuit development of analog/mixed signal blocks going into memory PHYs and/or SerDes with the IP vendors
- Experience in analog /mixed signal circuit design and/or DDRX PHYs/SerDes. The key word is circuit design.
- Experience running Signal and Power Integrity in channel simulations
Personality – team player, good written and verbal communication, willingness to travel internationally, open to new ideas, quick learner
Experience – Minimum 3+ year
Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field. MSEE is preferred